Friday, January 25, 2008

Things I am no longer supposed to do because I’m an adult

Like Peter Pan, I decided long ago never, ever to grow up.

It’s been a rather hard struggle, and I did give in to certain adult necessities at times, such as holding down a real job or taking on a mortgage. However, I would have been smarter to just avoid all adult things and keep to my childish ways.

Here are a list of things I proudly do that are decidedly childish:

Jump in puddles. Anywhere, anytime, whatever the footwear. Unlimited fun. Don’t believe me? Just try it. It’s exhilarating.
Sing campfire/Girl Guide songs at random intervals.
Colour.
Fingerpaint.
Play with my food. This includes sculptures, animation, and sound effects.
Instigate food fights.
Read out loud.
Do random cartwheels or somersaults.
Throw the occasional temper tantrum.
Get buzzed on sugar and giggle uncontrollably.
Build forts.
Build snow forts.
Pummel those smaller than me with snowballs. Mercilessly.
Wear t-shirts with funny slogans. (Current favourite: Chocolate makes my clothes shrink)
Construct and throw paper airplanes at random.
Make disgusting noises.
Blow bubbles in my milkshakes.
Watch cartoons.
Quote cartoons.
Talk to my dog like I expect an answer.
Get dressed with no thought at all for fashion or dress code.
Take silly and/or incriminating photos with other people’s cameras.
Tickle. Mercilessly.
Hey look! Bright! Shiny!
Give raspberries at every opportunity.

Tomorrow, I will rant about something current. My Internet was down most of the day, so you are stuck with my incoherent babble instead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I support the continuation of the aforementioned items. Hup hup!

Anonymous said...

You rock. These are some of the many reasons we adore you so!

Lethe