Sunday, January 27, 2008

Repetitive Society

Tired. I was too tired to write anything clever, and a strange man has moved into my house for several days, making it impossible to loaf about and wail uselessly on my guitar.

What to do? Annoy my friends, sit on their couch, and watch Sunday TV.

Remember when TV was entertaining? I don't. Perhaps if I had one of my own, I'd have a better opinion. Lacking a TV leaves me with more time on my hands for quasi-productive loafing.

But back to the couch, the electric blanket, and the remote. At 3:30pm PST, I sat down. From then until now (8:30 pm PST) I have watched either the Simpsons or Family Guy continuously, not counting a brief Planet Earth interlude.

Two shows. Lather, rinse, repeat. Some things, no matter how good they may seen, just don't belong in an infinite loop.

No comments: